TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT HEADPIECE FOR YOUR FACESHAPE....

GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE RIGHT HEADPIECE.....

Love Hats Millinery Photoshoot
























It's not always easy knowing what Hat you should choose for your face shape.... It can be a mine field trawling round shops and trying on endless hats!  Well with a little bit of knowledge you can be prepared before you head out to Town.....


FACE SHAPES


LONG FACE -  you want to shorten your face by wearing something that gives your face width, for example a shallow crowned hat with a large brim  or a disc wide enough to give width but no wider than shoulders.

 








ROUND FACE - you want to lengthen it by wearing something that is tall, or gives your face height. Try a pillbox with the trim giving height, or a disc again with the focus being on height.

 










HEART - a heart shaped face has a wider forehead and narrower jawline, medium brims and a-symmetric brims help to give width to the jawline, pillboxes are also a good style for this face shape.











OVAL - If you're lucky enough to have an oval face (which is classed as the perfect face shape, I knew my Beauty Therapy training would come in useful!!)

You are lucky enough to pretty much suit what ever Headpiece you like...... So get trying away with confidence.









SMALL FACE - you do not want to look like the hat is wearing you, so go for a hat that is in proportion with your face and height.



 

CONSIDER:


Finally, your  Headpiece should reflect  your personality and normal style, so if your style is eclectic, then go for a headpiece that reflects this and most importantly HAVE FUN!

Decide on your outfit first, that includes shoes and bag. 


The Headpiece needs to compliment the whole outfit, nature of the event, what part you play in the occasion.

 

Hair is a consideration and you can experiment with how you would like it, depending on what Headpiece you choose; but generally the Headpiece looks better if the hair is tied back and out of the way.

If your hair is long, a neat pony tail or low bun to one side looks very elegant.



I hope you found this guide helpful and if you would like more help choosing your Headpiece then please do get in touch!!


If you would like a Headpiece creating do get in touch....


kerry@lovehatsmillinery.co.uk

www.lovehatsmillinery.co.uk

Comments

My photo
Love Hats Millinery
I have always loved hats and was lucky enough to live my teenage years and early 20's (In London in retail fashion) in the 80's when 'anything went' and I experimented with lots of different headwear. But my millinery journey started in 1996 when I first worked at 'Hats on Top' in Princes Quay, Hull and where I first trained 'on the job' in millinery, helping many lovely ladies choose their headwear for their event. (Which I loved!!) In between I trained as a Beauty Therapist which I did very sucessfully for many years whilst creating 'one off' Headpieces for Hats on Top in Harrogate. I started working for myself in 2012 and once again pursued my love of Fashion and Millinery, which is when LOVE HATS MILLINERY was born.

Popular Posts